Friday, December 10, 2010

Ritch's Prologue Part Seven

The two spike-haired dudes from the rival workshop are taking the girl away. Ritch is on the ground, weakened from being tag-teamed and beat up.

Ritch: Dammit! I can’t let it end like this!
    -I have to help her! I have to… I must…!

(White light)
Protect her…!

Ritch: What on earth? That voice… did it come from the stone just now…?

//If you tried to “summon up” using the stone before, you get:
Ritch: But nothing happened when I tried to use it before!
//

-You need to call out my name…
-My name…!

Ritch: You name…? Tell me, what is it!

-My name is…!

Ritch: RUN-DOR!!

(A ball of white light appears)

Goon: What’s that?!

???: Stop it! The Summonite is too close its raw form! You won’t be able to handle it!
    -Stop!

Ritch: Aaaauuugh!!!!

(RUN-DOR apppears)

????: You really… no way…

Ritch: That’s… the same Summon Creature from before!

RUN-DOR: System error. Mode change.

(RUN-DOR downgrades)

Ritch: He—he changed? Why?

RUN-DOR: …

Goon: Since when do you know how to summon…!

Ritch: Heh… Heheh… truth be told, I only figured out how to do it just now.

Goon: Don’t screw with me… Hey! You!

RUN-DOR: …

???: What happened, RUN-DOR? Are you okay?

RUN-DOR: …
    -There was a system error. I could not execute the transformation command.

???: Maybe… he didn’t have enough skill to do the summoning after all? Have you broken down?

Ritch: He can break down?!

Goon: Ha! Broken down, huh! As to be expected of your Summon Creature!

RUN-DOR: Present mode is fully functional. There is no existing problem.

Goon: What was that?

RUN-DOR: Present mode is fully functional. There is no existing problem.

Goon: … Hey.

Ritch: What are you looking at?

Goon: What did that mean?

Ritch: Eh?
    -I don’t know.

Goon: How can you not know? You’re the idiot who summoned it!

Ritch: Shut up! This is the only time I’ve ever done something this big! I just…
    -Did it on instinct!

Goon: What’s that mean, on instinct?

RUN-DOR: … Internal retrieval in progress.
    -…

Goon: … Hello?

RUN-DOR: …

Ritch: Heeyy!

RUN-DOR: …

Goon: What’s with this thing?! It really is broken!

RUN-DOR: Present mode is fully functional. There is no existing problem.

Ritch: Enough of that, already!

Goon: I wonder what we should do with the Summon Creature. Maybe I oughta smash it once and for all!

???: Stop it!
    -(blocks their path)

Goon: Get outta the way!
    -(punches Murno)

RUN-DOR: (annoyed) Lady Murno!!

Ritch: Murno?!

RUN-DOR: Code Red! System switching to Battle Mode!

Goon: Huhh?!

RUN-DOR: Danger to Lady Murno. Initiating removal of perpetrator!

(RUN-DOR attacks Goon; defeats him)

Goon: Damn…! This guy…!

RUN-DOR: …

Goon: Uh…

RUN-DOR: …

Goon: D-dammit! (runs off)

RUN-DOR: Situation terminated.

Ritch: You’re so strong! That was so cool!

RUN-DOR: …

Ritch: Heeyy…

Murno: I’m really glad, RUN-DOR.

Ritch: Eh? What’s that about?

RUN-DOR: …

Ritch: I don’t really get it… but, it’s good that they’re finally gone.

Murno: Yeah… Um…

Ritch: Hm?

Murno: I—I’m really sorry…

Ritch: What are you apologizing for? Hey… it’s Murno, right?
    -Ah! I’m Ritchburn. I’m a Craftknight! … Apprentice.

Murno: Craftknight?

Ritch: An expert of weapon craft and a master of the sword!

Murno: Oh.

Ritch: Anyway, I wanted you to tell me a few things… ah, that’s right!
    -Does that mean that Summon Creature was yours the whole time?

Murno: … That’s right.

Rif: He attacked my master, and because of that now she’s hurt!

Murno: Is that true…?

RUN-DOR: Yes.

Murno: …

And guess who happens to pop in?

V.E: Ooh, Ritch. Who’re those kids with you?

Ritch: Master, I found the Summon Creature who attacked you.

V.E: Seriously? Where is he?

Ritch: Right here.

V.E: Huh?

RUN-DOR: …

V.E: HUH?

No comments:

Post a Comment