Thursday, December 16, 2010

Day One, Part Two

(Side Conversation)
Rif: Murno should be on the second floor. Shall we go up?

Killfith: …

Rif: What? What is that expression for? Are you concerned for Murno?

Killfith: Be quiet. I always have this expression on my face.

Rif: I get it. So actually, that expression means you’re relieved you get to see Murno now.

Killfith: Buh—!
    -Why are we standing here babbling, anyway? Let’s hurry up.
(End)

(At the bottom of the staircase)

Rif: Heeyy! Murno! Are you up?
    -(…)
    -Huh, I guess not. In the meantime, maybe we should go visit Chief’s house…

Killfith: …? Why didn’t she answer?
    -(runs up the stairs)

Rif: Just hold on a minute… ah, geez!

Killfith: Hey, what’s wrong? Murno!

Rif: (!) Aw crap!

(Upstairs, Murno is on her knees, panting)

Rif: I’m coming in, Murno.
    -(!)
    -Murno?! What happened?

Murno: I’m all right… I just—felt a bit dizzy there.

Killfith: (…) Hey, do you have a fever…?

Rif: A fever? Oh no, you should get back into bed! I’ll go get Master!

(black screen)

V.E: That fever really hit her hard…

Killfith: Can’t you do something?

V.E: There’s no need to worry. So long as she gets some rest, she should be better in no time.

Killfith: What are you—just who is worried…!

V.E: Keep your voice down! When I said she needs sleep, that means peace and quiet, too.

Killfith: Tch…

Rif: But how did her fever rise so suddenly?

V.E: It’s probably because she’s been overworking herself… people only get this bad when they haven’t been resting properly for a while. It’s just catching up with her all at once.
    -That being said, there’s not much that either of you can do just standing around in here.

Rif: All right… if you’re sure.

V.E: I’ll stay here and take care of Murno. You just be sure to introduce Killfith to Chief.
     -There’s been an increase in Strays around here lately, so don’t get turned around on your way there.

Rif: But, for the introduction, what exactly should I tell him?

V.E: You could just say he’s a fellow Craftknight, or say something like I received some Summonite, I suppose. Something like that should be fine.

Rif: Something like that…

Killfith: Her ‘fellow Craftknight?’

V.E: I know it might be bending the truth a bit, but can’t you go along with it? You can do that for Murno, can’t you?

Killfith: Tch… whatever you want.

Rif: It’s all right, I’ve got it, Master. Let’s go, Killfith.

Killfith: I must be insane to leave Murno’s care in this fools’ hands…

V.E: Didn’t I already tell you to call me Master? You really need to learn some respect. Honestly, kids today…
     -I guess that’s one point we’ll have to work on, huh. But don’t worry, I’ll take good care of her, so you can rest easy and go on ahead.

Killfith: …

V.E: And just what is that look for?

Killfith: Nothing…

V.E: Hey, if you’ve got a complaint, then out with it!

Rif: M-master, you’ve gotta keep it down!

Murno: Mhmm…

V.E: Oops, sorry.

Killfith: …

V.E: Gee whiz, because you kept saying such weird things, I just lost my temper.

Killfith: I didn’t actually say anything…

V.E: WHAT WAS THAT?!

Rif: Master, hush!

V.E: In any case, you’ll only be in the way here, so hurry over to Chief’s place.
    -I’ll let you know if Murno gets any better while you’re gone.

Killfith: Who’s in the way?

V.E: With the exception of greeting the Chief, you two have Craftknight training twenty-four-seven. There’s no time to be slacking off!

Rif: We know that, Master. We won’t let ourselves get distracted going over to Chief’s house. Right, Killfith?

Killfith: Tch… whatever…

(Side Conversation)
Rif: Let’s go to Chief’s place!

Killfith: …

Rif: Are you still thinking about Murno’s condition?

Killfith: Tch, not even close! I just can’t rely on that woman.

Rif: By ‘that woman,’ do you mean Master? Basically, you’re just worried about Murno, aren’t you?

Killfith: Wha—that’s not it at all.

Rif: Okay, okay, I got it, I got it.
(End)

(Out of the house and up the stairs outside, Goon is standing in the way)

Rif: Something you want?

Goon: Nope.

Killfith: Wasn’t that the same one from yesterday?

Rif: Yeah, well… it seems like we always get mixed up with the people from this workshop one way or the other.
    -You should be careful too, Killfith.

Killfith: It has nothing to do with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment