Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day Four, Part Six

(Side Conversation)
Rif: We should just keep looking for materials for now...
    -Though I can't help but think about whoever might be following us...

Killfith: Hmph... Whoever it is, I'm sure it's no one to be concerned about.

Eliez: Then, maybe it's Master Benson.

Killfith: If it really is him, it'll give me a good excuse to fight him.

Rif: I don't think that's the right answer here...
(End)

And so they continue on blithely, until...

???: Hey! You!

(WHY DO THEY FOLLOW YOU EVERYWHERE?)

Man: I just want to ask you one thing.

Rif: What is it?

Killfith: Tch... It was just these guys...

Eliez: Big sis... I'm scared...

Rif: It's all right! Don't worry.

Man: You're that Summon Creature's apprentice Rifmonica, right?

Rif: I don't believe it... the only people who call me that are from Bostaph's Workshop.

Man: We suffered horribly because of that woman.

Rif: I thought something like this might happen... did Master hurt you with her fists? Poor things…

Man: Quit screwing around! If you're her apprentice, you should man up and take responsibility for this!

Rif: Sheesh, settle down. But first, I want to have a little word with you.

Man: A word about what...?

Rif: You see, my master told me it wouldn't be good to get into any fights...
    -And besides that, are you really going to start something when there’s a little girl right here?

Man: You…
    -Don't you screw with me!

(Thus ensues a fight with some dudes who aren't important enough to have their own names)

Man: Crap… These guys are strong!

Eliez: Big sis...

Rif: Hey. I told you to calm down. You're scaring Eliez!
    -If my Master did something wrong, then I'll apologize. But I can’t do that if I don’t know what I’m apologizing for!

Man: What was that, you pipsqueaks...!

Lemmy: If that’s all, then how about we put an end to this?

(Guess who enters the equation?)

Rif: Lemmy?!

Lemmy: Perhaps you thought you had a right to insult anyone you liked because the deceased Rob struck you?

Man: You…

Lemmy: Only you were not struck by these people’s Master. Rather, you are fighting to defend our Master Bostaph, correct?

Man: ...

Lemmy: And yet, wasn't it said that all of that was a misunderstanding? That your resentment is unjustified? Your conduct now is shameful.

Man: I can't believe it... are you saying you support that Summon Creature woman? Traitor!

Lemmy: Traitor...? How so?

Man: Huh?

Lemmy: Exactly how have I betrayed anyone!

Rif: Lemmy...

Lemmy: Do you not understand what you are doing?! You are throwing mud onto Master Bostaph's face.
    -Unless you are trying to tell me that one must soil Master Bostaph—no, the name of our workshop—in order to remain an ally.

Killfith: Heh... his aura right now is pretty interesting...

(The men run off, tails tucked between their legs)

Rif: Thanks. You saved us.

Lemmy: Saved you? I only did it for Master Bostaph's sake.
    -I had no intention of saving any of you.

Rif: Honestly, you're always like this...

Lemmy: (looking at Eliez) …
    -And exactly what are you thinking taking a child so young to aimlessly wander in a place like this?

Rif: I'm not taking her along anywhere. Eliez said she wanted to go.

Eliez: Um… I…

Rif: Ah... no, I don't mean to say that it's your fault.
    -What I mean to say is, see, I had some free time, you see, since Master is over at your place, and Murno is at the Council of Gold…

Lemmy: The Council of Gold? What business could she possibly have in such a place?

Rif: Beats me. All I know is she wanted to talk to some guy named Velworen.

Killfith: You really need to learn when to stop talking.

Rif: Ah, sorry...

Lemmy: Velworen… a man who entrusted this town’s Council to people who cannot directly use the Art of Summoning.
    -It is a detestable name, yet now I learn that you are connected with it. How is that supposed to be funny…

Rif: What do you mean by that?

Lemmy: Nothing really.

Rif: Ah, wait!

Lemmy: (…)

Eliez: ?

Lemmy: Take… care.

Eliez: Eh? Okay.

Rif: Well, that was weird. Anyway, Eliez, do you still want to go inside?

Eliez: Mm-hm! I wanna go even more now!

Rif: All righty then! Off we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment