Sunday, February 20, 2011

Night Five - Killfith

Rif: Killfith?

Killfith: Heh… I should have expected as much. Looks like you're not dead after all.

Rif: Well, naturally. How about you? Are you all right?

Killfith: Your concern is one thing I don't need.

Rif: I see... then what about Murno? Do you know what happened to her?

Killfith: No, I don't.

Murno: Killfith...

Killfith: I used up my all of my power just transporting the two of you so far... when I came to again, I was in this room…
    -If I had even the ghost of my original powers back…

Rif: I see... so you saved us back there, huh? Thank you.

Killfith: (blushes slightly) Tch! I didn't save you because I wanted to, so don't thank me.

Rif: Right, right. Anyway, do you know where we are?

Killfith: The only thing I know is that whoever found us didn’t see any reason to give us a warm welcome.

Rif: No kidding… dropping us inside of a prison like this...
    -Speaking of which, why haven't you escaped yet? Couldn't you use your powers to break down these walls?

Killfith: Tch… If I could do that, I would have done it already. These strange handcuffs they put on me block my powers.

Rif: Strange handcuffs...? I can’t believe they’d do something like that… That’s terrible!

Killfith: I already told you that I don't need any of your concern.
    -Never mind that. There’s something else we have to figure out…

Rif: I know. Where did they put Murno? Speaking of that…
    -It sounds like the demon stone is the reason why Murno was targeted. But what on earth is it, anyway?
    -… Well, I know it's a secret.

Killfith: Tch... After how much of it has already been revealed, I see no sense in trying to hide it anymore.

Rif: Really?

Killfith: It's fine, so be quiet and listen.
    -Govan's Demon Stone is something that Murno's family has been guarding for generations.

Rif: Guarding? So then it really is some kind of treasure possessing amazing powers?

Killfith: I thought I told you to be quiet and listen.

Rif: Oops…

Killfith: Tch… In order to ensure that its power was not misused, it was hidden from the rest of the world.
    -But somehow word got out about it. The village was suddenly mobbed by a group of people who wanted to steal the demon stone…

Rif: Anise’s group…

Killfith: During the chaos, her father gave her the demon stone and told her to protect it at all costs.

Rif: That's why she ran away... But then, what became of that village after that?

Killfith: I don't know. But it's not hard to guess...

Rif: But… but even though you went through so much, why did you keep silent about it this whole time?

Killfith: I know she didn't want to burden you and your friends with her troubles, but I think she might've been afraid, too. So, she tried to bear it on her own…

Rif: You know… I think I understand why you want to protect Murno so much...

Killfith: I—if you're saying what I think you’re saying, then…

Rif: That's why I'm going to do my best!
    -I'll work harder than anyone, anywhere, and together with you, we'll protect Murno better than anything!

Killfith: Tch… how annoying. But if that's what you want…

Rif: Yeah!
    -… But that’ll be pretty tough if we don’t find a way out of this mess first…

No comments:

Post a Comment